Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Alkaline Trio

Their songwriting tends to remind me of Elvis Costello's, Phil Spektor's and even Bob Dylan's, at times. Their lyrics are probably the most honest, real and powerful observations of an ordinary Joe's "feelings" in the Punk-Rock-sphere, thanks to a simple and very direct language, accompanied by three or four chords per song. They may wear make up, but then again, so does KISS. This is some of the best Rock N Roll music I know. Even BETTER than KISS.

"I rejected the faith in your holy race is what it comes down to,

you said everything would work out just fine I just went crazy,
I’m better now having a good time
being selfish, drunk, vulgar and lazy"


1998 - Goddamnit


2000 - Maybe I'll Catch Fire


2000 - Alkaline Trio


2001 - From Here to Infirmary


2003 - Good Mourning


2005 - Crimson


2007 - Remains



PASSWORD: suburbanterror.blogspot.com



1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jake Team said...

The Suburb Himself comes through again, smashing bottles and Top Friends lists worldwide on the way to blog stardom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home